December 2, 2018

November 26, 2018

Sometimes it is hard to believe its been a year.  Zoey and I spent Monday in Canmore watching the sunrise and hiking Heing's walk.  I continue to work on my startup, advocating for lung cancer and changes to our healthcare. I spent the first few months of the year visiting friends and family across the country and having a bit of an adventure too. I was driving to Steinbach, MB when the transmission broke down on Heing's protege near Swift Current, SK...that is the middle of nowhere! I was able to drive to my friends parents house in Moose Jaw (Thanks SS). Sadly, I gave the car to the auto wreckers. That car was a vehicle for great memories. I spent the Fall, attending or presenting at healthcare conferences including the World conference on Lung Cancer. I met others going through the same experience. I felt connected, they understood.

 Here's some life lessons that have meaning for me. The full list is here: blog

Life is short. Live like you mean it.
Chasing After The Highest Paid Position is Pointless. Service to Others Is The Highest Calling
Take A Sabbatical. Rediscover the Real You.
Ignore the Naysayers. Its Your Life to Live.
See Each Setback as a Gift.
Don’t Compare Yourself To Others.
Meditate on Your Mortality.
Mentorship is Absolutely Essential to Make the World A Better Place. Become a Mentor.


 Sunrise in Canmore, AB